The Queensland Chapter identifies and responds to issues that stand to impact the profession and our members.
We deliver a variety of activities aligned with the Institute’s strategic plan, including mentorship programs for student members and a program of Chapter awards and prizes. We liaise with local and state bodies as well as authorities to promote and represent the interests of our members and the community.
The Queensland Chapter acknowledges the Yuggera and Turrbal peoples as the traditional owners of the site on which our office stands. We pay our respects to their Elders, past, present and emerging.
2020 QLD Architecture Awards
Queensland Architecture Awards Winners
The Australian Institute of Architects Awards program offers an opportunity for public and peer recognition of the innovative work of our Queensland architects. The program also provides the Institute with a valuable mechanism to promote architects and architecture within Queensland, across Australia and internationally.
regional architecture awards winners
For the first time in the Queensland awards’ 81-year history, the Regional Architecture Awards ceremonies were streamed online via Instagram and YouTube and acknowledged exemplar projects located in Brisbane, Central Queensland, Darling Downs and West Moreton, Far North Queensland, Gold Coast and Northern Rivers, North Queensland and the Sunshine Coast.
2020 ENTRANT GALLERY
The Australian Institute of Architects Awards program offers an opportunity for public and peer recognition of the innovative work of our Queensland architects.
We’ve received 121 entries across the 10 categories, throughout all 7 regions.
our queensland chapter program
The Queensland Chapter offers a wide range of professional development activities for members across the state. Our initiatives include workshops with industry professionals, practice forums and webinars.
With over 2,000 members spread across Queensland, we offer and support a range of networking activities and initiatives. Our very active groups and committees work with the Chapter team to schedule enjoyable opportunities for peer-to-peer engagement.
ConstructNSW have now published new content on the incoming Design and Building Practitioners laws. Information covers how to prepare, who the laws apply to, how to get registered and much
Overview The Institute has been engaged heavily in advocacy to assist and guide the development of both the Design and Building Practitioners Regulation 2020 due for release in April 2021
We know that an important part of being a student member of the Institute is being able to connect with your peers and to the profession. SONA members are invited to participate in two communities. Network online with other Institute members via the Open Forum Community and connect
Latest EmAGN news
EmAGN QLD recently hosted its inaugural, isolation-friendly competition, the #EmAGNBakeOff2020 with great success. We encouraged fellow bored Instagram users/EmAGN members to flex their creative skills; while creating a delectable treat to fuel their iso-weight gains and engaging with their peers.
Kali Marnane interviews Practice Manager and Accountant, Krys Rumbell – asking her for some words of wisdom, some insight into business management and how she survived past surviving financial crises.
Queensland JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Looking for a new career opportunity in Queensland? View architectural and built environment job openings below.
Nra co-lab is an established multi-award-winning architecture and urban design practice.
An opportunity has arisen for a talented and motivated Architect with strong design flair to join our Brisbane studio.
- An outstanding CBD based studio space overlooking the Brisbane River
- A creative collaborative and inclusive team environment
- A long-term career growth path
- Great projects to work on
Do you consider yourself to be:
- Committed to the art and science of designing exemplary buildings and spaces
- Creative and inventive
- Design excellence oriented
- Passionate about delivering great architecture
- Prepared to go the extra mile to achieve value for our clients
- Highly skilled solver of complex problems
- Confident in a leadership role
The successful applicant will also need to demonstrate:
- Advanced proficiency skills in Revit
- Experience preparing, planning application and construction documentation in Revit in Australia
- A comprehensive knowledge of BIM and Adobe Creative Suites
- Demonstrated high level presentation skills including proficiency in Rhino, Grasshopper, 3D, Studio Max
- Experience in designing, documenting complex building projects and urban places
- A thorough knowledge of the NCC, relevant Australian Standards and a working knowledge of the Qld Planning Legislation
- A sound and demonstrable knowledge of contemporary detailing
- Good people skills and team participation/leadership
- Excellent spoken English and communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years, preferably 10 years post graduate experience in an Australian Architectural practice
Salary package and career path will be negotiated commensurate with the level of your previous experience and achievements.
Please submit your cover letter, CV and a sample portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you. http://www.noelrobinsonarchitects.com/
About the role
The role is one that is both strategic and tactical. It supports the practice to create and sustain engaging relationships, to secure design opportunities aligned with our values and to continue to build our reputation and brand. The communication manager will work closely with the directors and senior staff but also with the broader team to support and develop their communication and BD skills and knowledge. Our talented graphic designer collaborates closely with the communication manager to ensure that the visual and the written communication is seamless.
It is an exciting time in the practice as we make the shift, and this role is essential in getting that right both in working with the whole team around our strategic direction and supporting the team to communicate those changes.
This is a really fantastic role, and we want to find someone who is passionate about the opportunity and the chance to make the role their own. We are a medium sized practice with a very low turnover of staff and with a strong commitment to each other and our work. We want to find someone who can add value to our culture.
If you can genuinely answer ‘yes’ to these questions this might be the perfect job for you!
- I am flexible and adaptable; I am happy to lean in and do what needs doing
- I am reliable- if I say I will do it, it will be done
- I can balance the big picture view with the fine detail
- I am a good planner and can work with a number of deadlines, prioritise the important over the urgent and deal with a high pressure environment when I need to
- I am a good delegator
- I know my own strengths and I also love to learn from others- I am a good collaborator
- I am passionate about writing and communicating clearly
- I have an appreciation for design and have my own creative pursuits
- I am curious about the world
How to apply
We do want to make sure we don’t waste your time or our time, so we have created an application pack which includes:
- Some more information on our culture
- The detailed position description
- Some more detail about what we’re looking for
If this job really feels like a good fit for you, please email our Practice Manager at email@example.com with the title ‘Communication Manager’ and we’ll send you the pack.
Alice-Anne McRobbie - Queensland State Manager
Chapter staff located in Queensland
Member Services Officer
Member Services Specialist
Member Services Officer
National staff located in Queensland
National Membership Programs Officer
National Partnerships Manager
National Partnerships Coordinator
Strategic Innovation and Enterprise Coordinator
National Marketing, Communications & Media Coordinator