Western Australian CHAPTER
The WA Chapter represents the interest of the Institute and all of its members in Western Australia. Working in accordance with the Institute’s strategic plan, our committees implement programs to support our members and respond to current issues and opportunities for the profession.
We also focus on advocacy, raising the bar of excellence in architecture and the built environment more broadly in WA while actively engaging with the broader community, industry partners, universities, and state and local government.
The WA Chapter recognises the Noongar people as the traditional land owners of Nedlands. We pay our respects to their Elders, past, present and emerging.
2020 WA Architecture Awards
2020 ENTRANT GALLERY
The Australian Institute of Architects Awards program offers an opportunity for public and peer recognition of the innovative work of our WA architects.
We’ve received 77 entries across the 11 categories.
From the 77 entries there are 17 projects that will be considered for the Sustainable Award, 11 for the Colorbond Award for Steel Architecture and 25 for the WA Lighting Award sponsored by Mondoluce.
WA CPD Program
The Chapter hosts continuing professional development (CPD) events that address many aspects of architectural practice.
We also conduct activities including site tours for emerging architects as well as forums addressing consumer and industry trends.
Partner with us
2021 partnership opportunities
Partner your business with the peak body for architecture and design!
Partnership with the Institute provides your business with a range of different engagement and networking opportunities, allowing you to connect with key decision-makers from architectural firms throughout WA and Australia.
The Australian Building Codes Board has a number of papers out for consultation that relate to the recommendations of the Building Confidence Report. These papers
Journal of the WA Chapter
The Architect is the biannual journal of the Institute’s WA Chapter. WA Chapter Members receive The Architect as part of their membership. Non-members can purchase from Boffins, New Edition, Crow Books and Planet Books.
Western Australian JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Looking for a new career opportunity in Western Australia? View architectural and built environment job openings below.
With Architecture Studio is a medium scaled design-led studio based in Northbridge. The practice has a firmly established state and national reputation. We deliver progressive architecture that is the result of design and documentation rigor and proactive project teams. We employ a process of inquiry and analysis, looking beyond the brief and challenging convention to discover something unique that will yield engaging experiences and create value for client and community.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed senior architect that can add knowledge, local experience and capability to our studio.
The successful candidate will be someone who will complement our team and be a valued addition to our studio. We expect you to be open-minded, enthusiastic and attentive to detail. You will demonstrate the technical knowhow to assist us in translating creative ideas into constructed reality.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes and demonstrated experience:
A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience (post-graduate) in running multi-residential and educational projects independently from Schematic through to Project Completion
- Experience acting as a Superintendent or Superintendent’s Representative
- Experience in D&C contracts
- Experience in delivering Department of Finance projects is welcome
- Able to manage and lead a project team to meet deliverables whilst maintaining architectural intent
- Experience in project programming, job planning and project resourcing
- Experience in consultant engagement
Documentation and Construction
- Experience in local construction systems and construction detailing
- High level of experience in Revit documentation
- Experience in writing specifications
- An understanding of building codes, Australian standards and local planning regulations
- Ability to efficiently produce clear and accurate contract documents
- Competency and understanding of Revit/BIM processes and protocols
- A strong commitment to teamwork and will positively contribute to the practice’s standards, processes and culture
- A genuine appreciation for quality architecture delivered through excellent documents
- Willingness to mentor younger team members
- A keen attitude and interest to participate in studio activities and events and will embrace the studio identity and culture.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Digital applications to email@example.com and must include
- a cover letter with contact details,
- recent resume including employment history
- some samples of projects on which you have had a significant contribution
- two referees.
Want to advertise a job? Free job listings are an exclusive benefit for Institute members. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Beata DavEy - State Manager
Member Services Officer