Emerging Architects and Graduates Network
Who we Are
The Emerging Architects and Graduate Network (EmAGN) is a membership demographic of the Australian Institute of Architects.
The Emerging Architects and Graduate Network (EmAGN) represents Australian Institute of Architects members who are within 15 years of graduating with an accredited qualification in Architecture (Master of Architecture or equivalent).
An engaged and supportive community of emerging architects and graduates. We aim to champion good architecture for the benefit of all.
To Advocate for the interests of emerging architectural professionals, support their professional development and engage with local communities.
In each state and territory across Australia there are EmAGN committees operating. Each committee is comprised of Institute members within the EmAGN demographic who work to provide opportunities for members to network, connect and contribute to the public discourse about our changing profession.
frequently asked questions
EmAGN is pronounced ‘imagine’.
The acronym stands for The Emerging Architects and Graduates Network.
Yes! If you are within 15 years of graduating with an accredited qualification in Architecture (Master of Architecture or equivalent).
There is no additional sign up process to join EmAGN. We are a demographic of members of The Institute of Architects.
Fun fact: The EmAGN demographic makes up about 30% of total Institute members.
There are many ways you can get involved with EmAGN and support us,
- Become a member with the Institute of Architects (if you aren’t already)
- Come along to an EmAGN organised event, all are welcome (check out events here)
- Follow us on socials (find your state page here)
- Join an EmAGN committee in your region (reach your to your friendly co-chair for EOI info)
- Be an EmAGN voice on a chapter committee in your region (more info)
- Share some knowledge – reach out if you would like to speak at one of our events or volunteer (emagn@architercture,com.au)
- Listen to the Hearing Architecture Podcast and subscribe and like (more info here)
- Check out our advocacy page
- Support awards and prizes that recognise emerging professionals Emerging Project Award
- Recognise an emerging professional (Emerging Architect prize)
- Follow the Dulux Study tour (more info)
Get in touch if you would like to collaborate with EmAGN firstname.lastname@example.org
Yes, fee relief is available for active Institute members. Read more here
The emerging architect fee reduction for Institute membership is available to recently registered architects who meet the eligibility criteria.
Read more here
EmAGN (pronounced “imagine’) was established in April 2007, and originally named National Young Architects Group.
Today there are EmAGN committees active in all states and territories and work together with the Institute on a state and national level.
The EmAGN President leads the national EmAGN committee.
The national EmAGN committee is comprised of Co-chairs from each state and territory.
Co-chairs lead their own committees in each state and territory.
EmAGN is made up of dedicated volunteers who support and provide opportunities for emerging architects by creating events and initiatives which help grow connections within the industry.
Meet the National EmAGN committee (link)
Latest Emagn News
It’s been an incredible ten days, filled with visits to more than 50 buildings and meeting with approximately 20 architects across several cities: Helsinki, Lisbon, Vals/Zurich, and Venice. On our
This year’s Venice Architecture Biennale is titled “The Laboratory of the Future” and, as set out by Biennale curator Lesley Lokko, “architects have a unique opportunity to put forward ambitious
I remember feeling vividly – Holy shit, I won a place on this tour. I don’t know that I’ve earned this, but I’m going to embrace it. The Institute invited
I was pretty sure I won’t like the Museum of Art, Architecture and Technology (MAAT) by Amanda Levete Architects, but am trying to be open minded. A big conceptual gesture
Email the national team at email@example.com
- ACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NSW: email@example.com
- NT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SA: email@example.com
- QLD: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TAS: email@example.com
- VIC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WA: email@example.com
For all membership enquiries, contact the membership team.