2022 SONA Executive applications open soon
SONA Executive team
The SONA Executive team leads the national network of SONA representatives. The team is comprised of dedicated students that volunteer their time and energy, in the following roles
- SONA President
- SONA President Elect
- SONA Vice President – Membership and Engagement
- SONA Vice President – Competitions and Events
The SONA Executive team leads the Student Organised Network for Architecture (SONA) National Committee and advocates on behalf of students across Australia.
Each member of the SONA executive team has a unique portfolio and position focus, review the below role descriptions to see if the position is right for you,
sona executive application process
SONA Executive positions are elected nationally by SONA members.
Roles will be advertised along with a call for nominations. SONA members will be invited to vote. Positions are decided by the first-past-the-post voting system. the candidate with the plurality of votes is the winner of the position. Official changeover of roles takes place in January the year of commencement.
National Voting Open
SONA Representative role and application
SONA Representatives are ambassadors for SONA and The Institute of Architects at your University. Reps help to intensify student’s university study and social experiences, providing opportunities for professional networking and career development.
Benefits of being a SONA Representative
- Free SONA membership for the year that you are in term
- Become a leader at your university and advocate for students
- Learn more about the Australian architecture profession
- Enliven your campus culture
- Help other students become involved in the profession
- Be part of a community of likeminded design students and professionals.
Become a SONA rep
Before applying make sure you read the SONA Rep role description to see if you are right for the role.
To be eligible you must,
- At the time of application and commencement of the role, be a current and financial SONA member.
- Be attending classes or have contact hours at the University where they are appointed as SONA representative.