Join / Renew
The Australian Institute of Architects is the peak body for architecture in Australia. It gives voice to the profession through advocacy and engagement with the built environment, and supports architects in their professional practice.
Join the Australian Institute of Architects
Being an Institute member offers you the chance to help shape the future of the architecture profession in Australia. You can choose your level of involvement – the more involved you are, the more rewarding your membership will be.
There are a range of options to suit all levels of experience and participation. Review the criteria in the ‘Which membership is right for you?’ section below.
To review the benefits of each membership type, visit the Member benefits page.
To apply, you can download an application form in ‘Which membership is right for you?’ below, or you can contact the National Membership team.
For a full price list, download the 2016 Membership Rates.
#ThisIsArchitecture – The Australian Institute of Architects
Filmed in five locations across Australia, this short film explores the day-to-day life of architects – from a recent graduate to a principal in a large practice.
Renew your membership
Log in to the Institute's online membership renewal system. Please use your member number and password.
Renew your membership
For your convenience, the Institute is moving to automated membership renewals; this means you will no longer need to manually renew your membership each year. This is what you need to know:
- You will receive a notification via your nominated email account one (1) week before each payment will be withdrawn from your nominated credit card.
- If you have opted to make annual payments, your membership subscription fee will be debited from your nominated credit card in the first week of January each year.
- If you have opted to make quarterly payments, your membership subscription fee will be debited from your account in the first week of each quarter (January, April, July and October).
- It is your responsibility to ensure that there are sufficient funds available in your account to allow a payment to be made. You can update your credit card details at any time via your member portal.
- All credit card details are stored securely and managed by third party Transaction Network Services(TNS), a trusted payment solutions provider.
- You may stop or defer a payment, or terminate this agreement by giving us at least fourteen (14) days notification by Fax to: 03 8620 3864 (Attention: “Membership”) or Email to: email@example.com
- Note that all credit card payments will incur an additional merchant service fee of 1.5% for VISA and MasterCard and 3.0% for American Express.