Education and Standards
PROMOTING THE HIGHEST STANDARDS IN ARCHITECTURE
Through active involvement in every level of education and training for students, emerging professionals and practicing architects, the Institute is dedicated to pursuing the highest standards of education and architectural practice.
AUSTRALASIAN SCHOOLS OF ARCHITECTURE
Where can I study?
The following schools offer architecture courses that are recognised by the Australian Institute of Architects and accredited by the Architects Accreditation Council of Australia (AACA) and the relevant state/territory architecture boards.
Accreditation of Architecture schools
Professional architecture courses in Australia are subject to accreditation administered by the Architects Accreditation Council of Australia through the AACA Architecture Program Accreditation Procedure in Australia and New Zealand. For further information please refer to the AACA website.
Funding and Scholarships
ARE YOU SEEKING ASSISTANCE TO SUPPORT YOUR STUDY IN AUSTRALIA AND OVERSEAS?
Browse through the following resources for information on fundings and/or scholarships.
- Study Assist by the Australian Government
- List of Scholarships at Charles Darwin University, Curtin, Deakin and Griffith by AustralianUniversities.com.au
- Scholarships Database for international students by Study in Australia
- Postgraduate research grants and fundings by the Department of Industry, Innovation, and Science
- Endeavour Leadership Program for international students studying in Australia and Australians studying overseas
- Information on scholarship opportunities by Study Overseas
- Scholarship schemes by the Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Fulbright Program for Australian and American students who want to study or conduct research in the United States and Australia
- Postgraduate scholarships for students who want to study abroad by General Sir John Monash Foundation.
ONGOING EDUCATION FOR MEMBERS
We are committed to the ongoing development of our members as highly valued, skilled and relevant professionals through our education programs and resources.
Become a member and access our resource library for a wide range of practice and advisory notes on managing various architectural projects.
Our national and chapter level CPD programs offer tailored learning opportunities for built environment professionals and offer formal CPD points for maintaining professional registration.
National EDUCATION Unit
We develop educational policies and standards to ensure students get the best quality architecture programs they need to succeed in the profession.
The Institute’s National Education Committee focuses on all aspects of undergraduate education, from education and research policies to careers information. The committee consists of Institute members across Australia – practicing architects and academics as well as representatives from the Institute’s student and graduate networks.
For further information, contact:
National Education Unit
1800 770 617
TERTIARY EDUCATION OF ARCHITECTS POLICY
We believe that education is the essential foundation of any profession and we stay committed to developing and maintaining the architectural education standards through our Tertiary Education of Architects Policy and active engagement with Australasian Schools of Architecture and accrediting bodies.
INSTITUTIONALISING NATIONAL STANDARDS
A HISTORY OF THE INCORPORATION OF THE AACA AND NSCA
Revisit the history of the Architects Accreditation Council of Australia (AACA), its role in the development of the National Competency Standards in Architecture (NSCA), and gain an understanding of the changes happening across the architecture landscape in recent years, as well as the profession’s possible futures.