SONA online resources
SONA webinar recordings
Exclusive to members of the Institute, our free webinars are designed to help design students and emerging professionals learn more about the industry, develop skills and knowledge, and connect to peers within the built environment industry.
Webinars will continue to be released throughout 2020. They’ll cover a range of relevant topics for design students and emerging professionals.
If there is a topic you would love to learn more about or you are a presenter looking to share your knowledge with our student and emerging professional members, please get in touch.
As students and recent graduates we understand that life, study and work can sometimes be challenging to juggle and this can take a toll on our mental health. We want to take the time to connect with our SONA community and open up a conversation between practitioners, graduates, and students about mental health and wellbeing.
The importance of equity, diversity and inclusion within architectural practice and design processes has been well documented to ensure that our offices and design cultures reflect the communities we serve. This Lean In session covers how to work towards a more intersectional, inclusive practice.
The session will explain why high performing people often doubt their abilities and find it hard to enjoy their successes. It will also show the links to perfectionism and self-handicapping strategies such as procrastination, avoidance and overcommitment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLz31l404Rc&feature=youtu.be Heritage provides recognition to the Cities. Talking about Cultural Heritage, the element predominant to almost all heritage sites worldwide is an Arch. Colosseum, Rome to Sydney Opera and Hagia
Is architecture is just an artful indulgence patronised by the rich, or if is there a meaningful career to be pursued by idealists wanting to serve humanity?
Architecture can communicate ideas and relationships through the language of space. What do we want to say and who do we want to talk with?
Back to Emagn WEBINAR RECORDINGS Back to SONA WEBINAR RECORDINGS
https://youtu.be/E8nHbUPeWdA SONA and EmAGN NSW present its first International Practice Talk with Anand Sonecha of SEALAB, an architecture practice based in Ahmedabad, India. Anand Sonecha is a graduate of IPSA,
Inspiration and architecture news
Getting a job
- Models in Architecture – design through physical & digital models- TUDelft
- Site Planning Online – analyse a site and imagine the possibilities for its use – MIT
- Energy Demand in Buildings – learn the energy chain approach in building design – TUDelft
- The Architectural Imagination – analyse different forms of architectural representation- Harvard University
- Vernacular Architecture of Asia – tradition, modernity and cultural sustainability- University of Hong Kong
- Realistic Architectural 3D Modeling – model objects with precision – IIT Bombay
- A Global History of Architecture: history and content of the important buildings that shaped our culture – MIT