The Australian Institute of Architects (the Institute) seeks a suitably qualified Institute member to represent the Institute on the Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA) Education Committee which is being formed to promote architecture education across the Commonwealth. The CAA propose to create an “Education Committee” comprising 5-7 nominations from member organisations (MOs). They are seeking nominees from member countries who will actively contribute, to be put forward to their council for approval.
The Education Committee shall have separate meetings, either electronically or in attendance. However, the Institute in considering its sustainability commitment, views this position as a corresponding member only and are not in a position to fund any travel for the successful candidate. The said committee will submit a report once a year on its activities to the CAA Council through the Chair of Education.
The scope of the Education Committee will be;
- Develop a vision for Architectural Education in the Commonwealth;
- Advice the Chair of Education on the CAA’s Education matters;
- Improvement and propagations of CAA’s Education within MOs;
- Provide support to MOs to improve education standards within architecture;
- Publicise material related to education;
- Raise awareness on architectural education in the regions and within MOs.
If you think you have the relevant qualities, please submit your nomination with a CV and 200 words explaining how you would actively contribute on behalf of the Institute and the expertise you would bring to this committee. Please send your EOI to Jennifer Nichols by 28 May 2021.