Learning. Engaging. Knowing. Our Acumen notes continue to provide knowledge and engagement to all levels of the profession, from students to experienced practitioners. In this update, view some of our recently updated notes covering topics such as legislation and Security of Payment, in addition to highlighted content around sustainable practice, communication and the client/architect relationship.
Acumen is an included benefit for A+, Member level 1, Affiliate Level 1, Graduate and Student members.
Acumen notes are regularly reviewed and updated. The following updated notes include new material or resources:
- Evidence and court procedure
- Expert witness
- Prevention Principle and the implied duty of cooperation
- Privacy legislation – coverage and exemptions
- Proportionate liability legislation
- Security of payment – NSW
- Security of payment (SOP)
The Institute’s recent report Stronger Insights for Stronger Practices – 2021 Client Feedback Report ranked effective communication as a number #1 factor by clients in the client architect relationship. In responsiveness to this report and its key findings, revisit the following Acumen notes for tips on strengthening and managing your communications and client relationships:
- Communications – for consideration of communications methods in your practice.
- Client and architect relationship – a comprehensive note written for both client and architects for all stages of a project.
Are you embarking on a journey towards embedding sustainability in your practice? See our Environment note Sustainability framework for practice for applicable rating tools, organisations and resources to guide sustainable practice.
Navigating the Acumen menu and finding ‘related notes’
Did you know you can find related notes on various Acumen topics? You can find related notes by scrolling to the bottom of a note page, or by navigating the menu via the + symbol next to the topic title.
View these introductory videos for more information on how to navigate the Acumen Practice Notes.