Learning. Engaging. Knowing. Our Acumen notes continue to provide knowledge and engagement to all levels of the profession, from students to experienced practitioners. In this update, view some of our recently updated notes covering topics such as budget estimates, partnerships and procurement. In addition, view our recently published Environment note, case study and updated glossary.
Acumen is an included benefit for A+, Member level 1, Affiliate Level 1, Graduate and Student members.
Acumen notes are regularly reviewed and updated. The following updated notes include new/revised material or resources:
- Asset planning
- Budget estimates (View the collection of updated notes relating to budget estimates by navigating the menu via the + symbol next to the topic title)
- Buying a practice
- Charge-out rate
- Engagement of contract staff
- GL32: Advice to client – Contractor’s breach
- Partners agreements
- Procurement – checklist
- Procurement – critical considerations
- Project manager – working with
- Replacement costs
- Specialist consultants – types
- Starting a practice
- Succession planning
- Environment glossary
- Nightingale 2.0 – Fairfield (case study)
- Supporting social value through the design process
Navigating the Acumen menu and finding ‘related notes’
Did you know you can find related notes on various Acumen topics? You can find related notes by scrolling to the bottom of a note page, or by navigating the menu via the + symbol next to the topic title.
You can also print (including pdf download), save (to your Acumen My notes) and share notes by navigating the below icons, located within each note above the menu.
View these introductory videos for more information on how to navigate the Acumen Practice Notes.