To mark Equal Pay Day on 28 August, the NSW Gender Equity Taskforce (GET) unpacks the issues surrounding equal pay with a line of diverse speakers. The session is moderated by Monica Edwards of GET and explores topics such as transparency of pay, why it matters to ask for your worth, how discrimination can come into the fold, pay across a whole lifecycle, and much more.
- Monica Edwards – Senior Associate, SJB (Moderator)
- Dr Janin Bredehoeft – Workplace Gender Equality Agency
- Francisco Layson – Studio Director – Urban Design, SJB
- Valerie Giammarco – Manager City Design, City of Canterbury Bankstown
- Shaun Carter – Principal Architect, Carter Williamson
- Marina Carroll – Principal, Architectus
- Neph Wake – Researcher.
The strategic objective of the Institute’s NSW Chapter Gender Equity Taskforce is to transform the current culture, participation and engagement within the architectural profession to develop greater representation and gender diversity.
The Taskforce aims to demonstrate the potential social, economic and environmental benefits of gender equity and diversity within business; target actions to progress gender equity and diversity within practice; and promote events to raise awareness of the important role diversity plays within the built environment professions.