Tas Chapter: COVID-19 online support
The COVID-19 pandemic is having a worldwide impact on businesses and individuals, and the Australian Institute of Architects is fully committed to supporting its members during this crisis.
We appreciate that COVID-19 will be a source of concern for many, from both a health and a financial perspective.
This page will continue to be updated with important information and free content to assist members.
Free online support
- These online seminars have been made available to help small business navigate the COVID-19 crisis.
Interacting with Clients and Community after Trauma: These sessions are part of our response to the unprecedented bush fires of 2019/2020. They are also applicable to other situations, disasters or extreme events causing trauma.
Previous Lean In presentation
During the current public health crisis, businesses both large and small will likely experience disruptions and challenges. We want to help our members through these tough times, and ensure that architects get the right support.
- Acumen COVID-19 notes
- State Revenue Office of Tasmania COVID-19 Business Stimulus Measures
- Tax Relief: Land Tax waiver for commercial property in Tas
- Tax Relief: Payroll tax waiver and rebate
- Tasmanian Social and Economic Support Package – Supporting Businesses and Job fact sheet
- Government financial incentives, including the JobKeeper payment
- JobKeeper Payment for employers and employees
- JobKeeper Payment for sole traders
- Additional Support available for sole traders
- Tasmanian Government Business Continuity Grant
- Tasmanian Government COVID-19 page
- COVID-19 Government info for businesses
- Tasmanian Support & Stimulus Package
- The Rapid Response Skills Initiative (RRSI)
- Business Support Loan Scheme
- Business continuity grants
- Small business quarterly electricity bill relief
- Tas water support
- Business vehicle registration relief package
COVID-19 Tas member survey: Part 2
11 MAY 2020
We’ve put together a follow up survey which will only take a minute to complete.
The results of this survey will assist us in providing a clear message to Government on how our profession is being impacted, and in what areas.
We would greatly appreciate you completing this as quickly as possible … READ MORE
TAS CHAPTER: CPD Program
ONLINE: MEMBER LEAN IN SESSION
Lean In sessions are an opportunity to bring our community together and share experiences during this challenging time.
Bring a sandwich or a cuppa and join the conversation (open to the first 300 participants only).
Membership fee relief
VIDEO: COVID-19 BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLAN CONSIDERATIONS
In this video, Melissa Healy, Director at leading business advisors and accountants DFK Everalls, has some practical tips for architecture firms on how to protect your practice, look after your team and protect your cash flow during the COVID-19 pandemic… READ MORE
Site visit guide for architects
One our members, and the Tas Chapter EmAGN co chair, Scott Flett of Flett Architects, who is also a builder, has put together a video and a guide for architects when undertaking site visits. Thank you so much for sharing this, Scott. Our members are a talented bunch, so if there’s anything useful that you would like to share with the membership, please let us know.
THE INSTITUTE CALLS ON THE NATIONAL GOVERNMENT TO SUPPORT THE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRIES DURING COVID-19 CRISIS
We’ve written to the Prime Minister outlining stimulus measures that are needed by the development sector during the coronavirus pandemic. The letter covers initiatives that would help to