• architectural, urban design, landscape design, engineering, and infrastructure design
• procurement methods that promote and foster high quality design in architecture, urban design, landscape engineering and infrastructure
• polices and reforms that promote best practice outcomes
• design as required on specific projects to individual agencies
• addressing construction quality issues
• achieving responses to climate change in the built environment.
• an expert advisor on selected Government Tender Review Panels
• a member of steering committees for major infrastructure projects
• a member of design competition or tender review panels
• a member of forums to promote best practice in the built environment and links between industry and government
• a mentor/coach for major infrastructure project managers/teams, particularly in relation to design, strategic planning, urban development, and industry engagement.
• high-quality design and urban design within the government
• specific design projects to be undertaken by the government
• Tasmanian Government planning and architectural projects for development and construction
• Tasmanian Government measures to improve the built environment.
Providing (written and verbal) advice to government through:
• advising on projects to agencies as required
• reporting, via Infrastructure Tasmania or peer review of reports, to the Tasmanian Government as requested.