We know that an important part of being a student member of the Institute is being able to connect with your peers and to the profession.
SONA members are invited to participate in two communities.
The National SONA Members Community is an online discussion and resources platform for students of the built environment where you can communicate and connect with other students from all over Australia.
Share your thoughts, ask questions, start a discussion, get some advice and meet new SONA members.
What interests you?
- On campus social events
- Expanding your SONA network across the nation
- Life in practice for a student
- University experiences around Australia
- Inspiration from other students
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Project sharing – inspiring student work
You’ll be able to find fellow SONA members quickly and easily by name, location or area of interest via the new Members’ Directory, which will help you stay connected.
Guest contributors will also join the SONA community, experienced professionals that can answer questions and provide support and guidance on a range of topics including:
- Mentoring – How to get the most out of a mentoring relationship
- Opportunities for students working regionally
- Day in the life of a recent graduate working in practice
- Portfolio, CV and interview tips and advice
Accessible by all SONA members, join the National SONA community now to get involved.
Tips and tricks
To get the most out of your Community experience download this step-by-step guide to learn more about how to log in, complete your profile, start a discussion thread, share a resource and set your notification and privacy preferences.
How to access Community
- Head to the Institute website and click login to access your member portal or go directly to community.architecture.com.au
- Using your email address and password, log into your member portal.
- If you can’t remember your password, simply click on ‘forgot password’ and you will receive a link instantly to reset this.
- Once you’ve logged in, click on ‘Explore Communities’ to get to the SONA Members Community.
- Don’t forget to also check out the Open Forum, this includes all 11,000+ members of the Institute
- You’re encouraged to participate in both communities – check out the current discussions, follow a thread or click on ‘Post To This Discussion’ to create a new discussion or reply to an existing thread.