Photography by White Door Photography
On Thursday 8 July, Queensland’s first formal Continued Professional Development (CPD), Improving Energy Efficiency of Residential Buildings in Queensland, took place at The Edge, State Library Queensland.
This formal CPD program successfully equipped Queensland architects with a better understanding of:
- What architects need to know at the start of the project to achieve energy targets beyond code compliance.
- What the benefits and risks associated with installation of EV charging capability in apartments buildings are.
- How the NCC 2022 energy efficiency requirement can be customised to Queensland context
- What strategies and practical solutions can be adopted in QLD to achieve energy efficiency in residential buildings leading towards a net zero built environment.
- What strategies and practical solutions QLD architects can adopt to enhance climate resilience in residential design successfully.
- What the next step is for energy efficient and resilient housing in QLD.
Thank you to Taubmans who made this event possible as the Queensland Chapter CPD Program Partner for 2023.
Thank you also to the event’s wonderful speakers and all attendees. To learn more about the event’s program information and outcomes, please visit the registration page here.