We are forming a National Residential Sustainability Advisory Group (Advisory Group) of interested and committed members from all states and territories for a two-year term. We are looking for members who have experience, or a committed interest, in the areas of:
- Residential energy efficiency
- Condensation management
- Climate resilience in residential design
- Experience working with rating tools such as NatHERS, Green Star Home, BASIX, Victorian Residential Scorecard etc.
The Advisory Group will meet monthly online for approximately 1.5 hours and some members may additionally represent the Institute on Federal Government committees.
The purpose of the group is to:
- Support the Institute’s representation on the following Federal Government committees:
- Australian Building Codes Board (ABCB) Residential Energy Efficiency Working Group – this group provides technical input into the drafting of NCC 2025. It is expected to commence early 2023 and to meet monthly. The Advisory Group will review meeting papers and provide feedback within approximately two weeks.
- NatHERS Technical Advisory Committee – this committee meets quarterly and deals with technical questions regarding the ongoing development of the NatHERS tool. Discussion papers are provided at most meetings and the Advisory Group would review these and provide feedback within one month.
- NatHERS Stakeholder Consultative Group – this committee meets twice a year and deals with policy and development of the NatHERS scheme. Discussion papers are provided at most meetings and the Advisory Group will review them and provide feedback – generally within 1 month.
- Work with the Institute’s Policy and Advocacy Team to develop residential sustainability policy for National Council’s review as needed.
- Identify the needs of members working in the residential sector and develop strategies or identify resources to assist (e.g.net zero housing, LCA software, regenerative design, relevant CPD etc).
If you would like to be considered to represent your Chapter in the Advisory Group please email email@example.com
- a brief statement outlining why you are interested in participating
- a link to your LinkedIn Profile or CV.
Expressions of interest are due by COB Wednesday, 30 November 2022.