Liehan Janse van Rensburg and Callum Senjov are the EmAGN QLD co-chairs for 2022, as voted by the EmAGN QLD committee. As co-chairs, they lead the EmAGN QLD committee and are members of the EmAGN National committee and the QLD Chapter Council.
The core focus of EmAGN is advocacy – it is at the heart of our remit to represent our demographic to the wider institute body, as well as to the general public and allied professionals.
Representing emerging architects and graduates up to 15 years from graduation, or 10 years from registration, EmAGN members. We represent recent graduates who are looking for their first job, experienced graduates starting their path on registration, architects, recent parents at work and on parental leave, practice owners, sole practitioners, PHD candidates and researchers. With such a wide range of people to represent, we are very fortunate to be able to draw on these people’s experience and expertise to connect and support each other – helping us along our own chosen career paths, and to celebrate our achievements when we reach our goals.
We do this through representation on the various institute committees such as the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee (EDIC), the Education Committee, Climate Action and Sustainability Committee (CAST), and Chapter Council; as well as organising and assisting in a wide array of events and initiatives through the year.
The EmAGN National Hearing Architecture Podcast is in a design podcast chart top 5 position in Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, Saudi Arabia, Poland, Indonesia, and Japan – and is the number 1 design podcast in Albania. It has been downloaded more than 750,000 times, with approximately 1000 people downloading each episode within the first 24 hours of going live. Here in QLD, our ‘Regi-Fru-Stration’ registration support series sees around 8 events organised each year, involving a large number of mentors to help graduates through each stage of the Architectural Practice Examination (APE); and acts as a supplement to PALS. Additionally, we organise a series of tours (the first of which is coming up soon at Kennedy’s Timbers), Value talks and Networking events throughout the year. For all the latest information on what we’ve got planned, and to book, follow us on Instagram and keep an eye out for event and our newsletters.
Such a brilliantly diverse demographic deserves a similarly diverse group to represent them. This year, the EmAGN QLD committee is made up of
15 committee members at various stages in their careers and based all over QLD. They are as follows:
- Genevieve Vella, DC8 Studio (immediate past co-chair)
- Liehan Janse van Rensburg, Ellivo Architects (co-chair)
- Callum Senjov, Conrad Gargett (co-chair, also on Climate Action and Sustainability Committee)
- Tilewa Adeoye, Jardine Architects
- Rohana Fullarton, People Oriented Design (regional–Cairns)
- Michael Croft, KIRK Studio
- Myron Monteiro, The Buchan Group (also on Heritage Committee)
- Bridie O’Toole, Hassell (also on Equity Diversity and Inclusion Committee)
- Renee Bourke, Fulton Trotter (also on Equity Diversity and Inclusion Committee)
- Grace Arezio, Guymer Bailey
- Isabella Reynolds, BVN
- Ivan Ling, KO&Co Architecture (also on Education Committee)
- Juma Jackson, Bark Architects (regional – Sunshine Coast)
- Maddy Steele, Sparks Architects (regional – Sunshine Coast)
- Megan Dobinson, CNA Design (regional – Gold Coast)