The purpose of the National Architecture Awards is to encourage and acknowledge excellence in architecture through a system of judging by peer groups.
Institute members who would like to express interest in becoming a member of the jury for the 2023 Tasmanian Architecture Awards are invited to complete the form below, and submit as soon as possible, but no later than Friday 28 October 2022. For further information, refer to the Jury Handbook (note that this is yet to be amended to reflect the 2023 awards dates).
The Tasmanian Architecture Awards jury consists of:
- a jury chair (who is a senior respected and awarded or distinguished architect)
- an interstate architect, or an architect with considerable interstate experience
- a senior respected and awarded or distinguished architect
- a younger emerging architect or master of architecture graduate
- a guest juror (who may be a non-architect and a non-member)
Jury members are required to be:
- current Institute members (except for the guest juror)
- available for jury briefings, visits and deliberations
- confident in evaluating entries according to core criteria
- not entering a project into the 2023 Tasmanian Architecture Awards
Previous award winners are encouraged to apply.
Important dates in 2023:
Please only nominate as a jury member if you are available on the following dates:
Presentation of entries to juries: Saturday 25 February 2023
Jury site visits: Wednesday 29 – Friday 31 March 2023 (three days scheduled if required)
Awards presentation dinner: Saturday 1 July 2023
All jury members are required to attend the presentation of entries, all site visits and the awards presentation dinner (with a complimentary ticket provided).
Please return the completed form with one A4 page CV (include any previous judging experience), along with a short paragraph outlining your suitability and reasons for wanting to be a jury member to email@example.com, no later than Friday 28 October 2022.