Calls for expressions of interest
The Australian Institute of Architects National Committee for Gender Equity (NCGE) is seeking four (4) new committee members to join this active committee for a two year term. We are seeking broad and diverse representation on the committee and invite expressions of interest from AIA members, A+ Practice members, EmAGN and SONA.
We are looking for new members who are passionate about Gender Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity.
In joining the NCGE you will actively participate in delivering current and emerging initiatives to assist the AIA National Council, other AIA committees and taskforce’s meet objectives which support members through the lens of Gender Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity.
The NCGE’s key tasks in 2021 will include:
- Develop an overarching Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Strategy and Action Plan for review by the AIA National Council in October 2021;
- Engaging with members via ‘Communities’ on matters of gender equity, diversity and inclusiveness.
- Advise National Council on matters related to the existing Gender Equity Policy.
- Liaison with the AIA National Marketing, Chapter Council’s and Groups, SONA and EmAGN on National initiatives including media, Lean In sessions, CPD programs, events and advocacy.
- Continuation of the Honours & Awards Taskforce 2020-22 strategic plan.
- Continuation of the Publications and Research Taskforce 2021-22 project on leadership in the built environment.
New members commence their two-year term in May by attending a strategy session to set the agenda for the NCGE for the year ahead (prior to the pandemic this was a face-to-face workshop in Melbourne, however in 2020 became an online workshop via Zoom. 2021 delivery method TBC). The NCGE also convenes monthly (one-hour via zoom) and on a needs basis for subcommittees and taskforces. Communications are predominantly via Zoom, email and Microsoft Teams.
Committee members are expected to be active participants, conduct themselves and participate in the NCGE activities in an accountable and professional manner, as per the Institute’s Code of Conduct.
EOI PROCESS – How to apply
- 1 page EOI cover letter which explains why your are interested in joining the committee, details your suitability to join the committee, demonstrates your capacity to meet the commitments and obligations and indicates whether you would be interested in co-chairing the committee;
- CV (maximum 3 pages) which demonstrates your relevant knowledge, training and experience and how you may add value to the committee’s outcomes.
Expressions of interest close Friday 30 April 2021.