The purpose of the National Architecture Awards is to encourage and acknowledge excellence in architecture through a system of judging by peer groups.
Institute members who would like to express interest in becoming a member of the jury for the 2021 Tasmanian Architecture Awards are invited to complete the form below, and submit as soon as possible, but no later than Friday 30 October 2020. For further information, refer to the Jury Handbook (note that this is yet to be amended to reflect the 2021 awards dates).
The Tasmanian Architecture Awards jury consists of:
- a jury chair (who is a senior respected and awarded or distinguished architect)
- an interstate architect, or an architect with considerable interstate experience
- a senior respected and awarded or distinguished architect
- a younger emerging architect or master of architecture graduate
- a guest juror (who may be a non-architect and a non-member)
Jury members are required to be:
- current Institute members (except for the guest juror)
- available for jury briefings, visits and deliberations
- confident in evaluating entries according to core criteria
Previous award winners are encouraged to apply.
Important dates in 2021:
Please only nominate as a jury member if you are available on the following dates:
Presentation of entries to juries – Saturday 27 February 2021
Jury site visits – Monday 29 – Wednesday 31 March 2021
Awards presentation dinner – Saturday 5 June 2021
All jury members are required to attend all visits.
Please return the completed form with one A4 page CV (include any previous judging experience), along with a short paragraph outlining your suitability and reasons for wanting to be a jury member to: firstname.lastname@example.org