St Philip’s Christian Education Foundation – Central Office | SHAC

SHAC have enjoyed working with St Philip’s Christian Education Foundation (SPCEF) for over a decade. It is our absolute honour to present their new Central Office & Teaching School project in Waratah. The 3-storey building is a civic contribution to the school community, with direct reference to the 1920’s St Philip’s Church, which remains adaptively re-purposed, and is the location of the commencement of the first St Philip’s College in 1982.

The form of the building and materiality compliments the existing church, without mimicking it. It is a long simplified rectangular form accented with moments of delight. The skillion roof ensures a wash of soft light permeates through the building. The contrasting banded dark brick on the new building juxtaposes the original decorative cream ecclesiastical bricks.

This form is now closed.