The Architecture Awards provide an exciting opportunity to recognise and celebrate innovation and excellence in our profession. Following the outstanding entries last year, we look forward to a record year of outstanding and inspiring projects in 2020.
As you prepare your entry submission please consider the following key information:
- Online entries close on the 14th February 2020, with entry materials due 28th February. Please plan early and don’t miss your position in this program.
- The Awards Handbook provides the framework and guidance on the awards process. Even if you have previously entered the Awards please read the handbook as the framework evolves each year.
- Please consider the designation of the title of the project entry, as this is used for judging and publicity purposes and your Client may wish to remain anonymous.
- If you are unsure which category is most appropriate to your project, please discuss this with the Awards team at the Institute.
- The Jury site visits are scheduled to occur between Mon 23rd March and Friday 3rd April (weekends included). Please make sure your Client is aware of these dates and is comfortable with the site visits occurring. Clients only are to meet the jury on site, architects cannot attend.
- Presentation to the Awards Jury is scheduled for Saturday 14th March 2020. Please plan your creative presentation to respond to the entry category, core evaluation criteria, and tailor the presentation to the 5-7 minute timeframe. This year the slides have been capped to a maximum of thirty, so please consider the content. Different presentations may be prepared for a project entered in multiple categories. Please label these clearly. This year a cost will apply to any changes to the Presentation once it has been submitted.
- All COLORBOND entrants will be contacted to provide evidence of BlueScope product. Entrants into the sustainability category will be contacted to provide supporting materials which may include additional reports, mapping or modelling to assist with judging. Please collate these documents in preparation for this request.
- The SA Chapter holds an exhibition showcasing all entries in that year’s program and as a condition of entry entrants are required to submit presentation material for this exhibition – with the exception of the City of Adelaide Prize (this material is not used for judging). The A1 photographic display panel (portrait format only please) will be on exhibition to the public. Please follow the guidelines as set out in the Awards Handbook.
The Awards program offers not only a platform to showcase your own projects, but also the opportunity to be part of the industry supporting the work of other architects and promoting the profession of architecture and the value of design. We look forward to celebrating excellence in South Australian Architecture with you at the Awards night.
If you have any queries please contact the Awards Manager, Lesley Ganf at the Institute who will be more than happy to help you.
Kristy McMillan | Awards Director 2020 | Director Hodgkison