EOI: New Committee members
The Australian Institute of Architects NCGE is seeking up to two (2) new committee members to join this active committee for a two-year term. We are seeking broad and diverse representation on the committee and invite expressions of interest from all Institute members, including A+ Practice members, EmAGN and SONA.
We are looking for new members who are passionate about Gender Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity.
In joining the NCGE you will actively participate in delivering current and emerging initiatives to assist National Council, other Institute committees and taskforce’s meet objectives which support members through the lens of Gender Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity.
The NCGE’s key tasks in 2022 will include:
- POLICY: D&I Policy creation and Action Plan development.
- RESEARCH: Partnering with UQ and QUT to deliver a research project entitled ‘Leadership in Design Governance: The Future of Advocacy in the Diversification of the Profession’
- GENDER EQUITY TOOLKITS: Development of Institute-specific toolkit/s addressing gender equity in design and the built environment profession
- HONOURS: Undertake annual diversity assessment of nomination and award of institute prizes. Actively participate in the nomination of Institute prizes and Australian Honours to positively contribute towards broader representation of nominees.
- COMMUNICATIONS: Alongside the Institute’s Marcomms team, develop website rebrand strategy, social media campaigns, and engage with members via ‘Communities’ on matters of gender equity, diversity and inclusiveness.
- Undertake periodic reviews of the Institute’s Gender Equity Policy and Acumen notes.
- Advise National Council on matters related to the existing Gender Equity Policy.
New members commence their two-year term on 17 May by attending a digital strategy session to set the agenda for the NCGE for the year ahead. The NCGE also convenes monthly (one-hour via zoom) and on a needs basis for subcommittees and taskforces. Communications are predominantly via Zoom, email, and Microsoft Teams.
Committee members are expected to be active participants, conduct themselves and participate in the NCGE activities in an accountable and professional manner, as per the Institute’s Code of Conduct.
EOI PROCESS – How to apply
- 1 page EOI cover letter which explains why your are interested in joining the committee, details your suitability to join the committee, demonstrates your capacity to meet the commitments and obligations and indicates whether you would be interested in co-chairing the committee;
- CV (maximum 3 pages) which demonstrates your relevant knowledge, training and experience and how you may add value to the committee’s outcomes.
Submit the EOI and CV as a single document to Beata.Davey@architecture.com.au by Monday, 9th May 2022.
For more information on the policy and current initiatives click here.