Emerging Architect Prize Entry Form
Submit your nomination or entry here
Submit your nomination or entry here
The Emerging Architect Prize (EAP) has been developed to recognise an individual emerging architect or architectural collaboration’s contribution to architectural practice, education, design excellence and community involvement, which advances the profession’s role within the public arena. The EAP is an initiative of the Australian Institute of Architects Emerging Architect and Graduate Network (EmAGN).
The winner of each Chapter EAP will be announced at the 2021 Chapter Architecture Awards. Each Chapter winner will then progress to the National Jury for judging. The winner of the National EAP will be announced at the 2021 National Awards.
Chapter EAP winners will be awarded:
- $1,000 cash prize and a Certificate
- One ticket to attend their local Chapter Architecture Awards event or Chapter celebration
The National EAP winner is awarded:
- $2,000 cash prize and a Certificate
- Winner will undertake a virtual event in early 2022.
If won by a collaboration, it will be the responsibility of the group to divide the cash prize as they see fit.
Please provide the details of the individual (or collaboration) you would like to nominate. All nominees will be invited to complete their submission once the nomination period has closed.
Contributing to architectural practice and design excellence
About the Prize
The Emerging Architect Prize, recognises an individual emerging architect or emerging architectural collaboration’s contribution to architectural practice, education, design excellence and community involvement, which advances the profession’s role within the public arena. Entrants need to be nominated by a member of the Australian Institute of Architects (or Institute members can self-nominate).
ENTRIES FOR THE 2021 PRIZE WILL OPEN ON WEDNESDAY 10 FEBRUARY 2021.
The International Chapter Emerging Architect Prize is awarded biennially, in each odd year. The prize will open for entries on Wednesday 10 February 2021. The International Chapter prize is a separate program to the Chapter/National prize. The International Chapter prize recipient will not therefore be eligible to progress to the National Emerging Architect Prize program.
The Emerging Architect Prize – Chapter level
The winner of each Chapter Emerging Architect Prize will be announced at the Chapter Architecture Awards.
Chapter winners receive:
– $1,000 cash prize and a Certificate
– One ticket to attend their local Chapter Architecture Awards event
The Emerging Architect Prize – National level
Each Chapter winner will then progress to the National Jury for judging. The winner of the National Emerging Architect Prize will be announced at the National Architecture Awards.
National winner receives:
– $2,000 cash prize and a certificate
– Winner will present virtually to all Chapters early the following year.
Who can participate
Nominees, as an individual or as part of collaboration, must meet each of the following eligibility requirement:
- Must be a member Level 1 Institute member.
- Must be within 15 years of graduation of the AACA Accredited Master of Architecture degree (or equivalent) and have first been registered as an Architect anywhere in Australia, not more than 10 years ago and must be currently registered with any of the Architect Registration Boards in Australia.
- Must enter in the Chapter in which they are currently residing.
- Must be self-nominated or nominated by a member of the Institute (only members of the Institute will be eligible for this prize). If the entrant is not a current Institute member, they will be given the opportunity to become a member before submission of stage 2.
- Previous recipients of a Chapter or National Emerging Architect Prize are not eligible to enter.
- Submission must be received by the closing date.
- Once nominated, the nominee must complete the required entry form. Nominations will remain on a register for three (3) consecutive years, after which the nomination will lapse.
- A minimum of three (3) eligible entries must be received by the closing date or the Jury may decide not to award a winner.
- The Chapter Jury may choose not to award a Chapter winner if they feel the entries received are not of a high enough standard or do not fulfill the judging criteria
How do I enter
Entry into the Emerging Architect Prize is a two-step process.
- Nomination – eligible candidates are nominated by a member of the Australian Institute of Architects or members can self-nominate via the online entry system (if a non-member is nominated, they will be given the opportunity to become a member before submission of stage 2)
- Submission of entry material – nominated candidates will be invited to continue with their submission. Should they wish to accept the nomination, the nominee will be asked to submit the entry material listed under ‘entry requirements’ via the online entry system.
Winners at a Chapter level automatically proceed to be considered for the National Emerging Architect Prize, no additional entry material is submitted for National judging.
The nominee will be asked to submit the following entry material via the online entry system:
- a statement addressing each of the key criteria items outlined in the judging criteria (within the entry form).
- a resume: four A4 pages maximum (please ensure you provide the architectural registration number, date of registration and date of graduation for each individual being nominated).
- a portfolio of works: this can include built and unbuilt work (five A4 pages maximum).
- two references: from an employer or clients.
- photo of entrant(s) – this can be uploaded separately to the requirements above.
- entry requirements listed above must be uploaded on a single PDF document and must not exceed 5MB.