Over the last four months, Archicentre has undergone a significant review focused on options to strengthen and ensure a sustainable future for the business.
The outcome of the review was a series of recommendations from the Archicentre Board to National Council, outlined below.
All recommendations were supported by National Council for immediate implementation.
- That Archicentre be retained as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Institute;
- That the Archicentre Board be reconstituted to include a broader mix of skills to support both commercial and non-commercial operations.
- That the existing ‘integrated’ management approach be retained while a new Board is constituted, recognising that management changes may be made as a next step by a new Board;
- That the sale of all ‘Archicentre’ services revert to being sold under the Archicentre brand (instead of Ask an Architect) and that a targeted marketing campaign (within the current Archicentre budget) be delivered to support this change;
- That Ask an Architect brand be explored by the Institute Marketing and Communications team with a view to becoming a consumer focused portal for the benefit of all Institute members;
- That these changes be implemented immediately, noting that changes to Board structure will likely take up to 6 months to conclude.
This shift in brand back to Archicentre has come about as it has become evident that while the brand is slowly building a profile, associated service bookings and revenue are not increasing.
The shift in brand back to Archicentre as the single brand under which all services are sold and all PR/media activity takes place is being implemented immediately.
Public outreach events
World Architecture Day is 5 October. This kicks off a series of public events during October and November, hosted and co-presented by the Institute around the country.
Design Canberra – 21-29 Nov
Sydney Architecture Festival – 2-5 Oct
Festival of Architecture and Design – 8-13 Oct
Open House Hobart and Hobart Architecture Week – 7-13 Nov
Open House Perth – 7-8 Nov
World Architecture Day event – 5 Oct
These events are a fantastic way to engage with the wider community. Contact your chapter to find out how you can be involved.
In the lead up to the events, we will also be launching a digital public awareness campaign – more on this to come soon!