- This event has passed.
VIC – 2020 Gold Medal Tour – John Wardle (Encore)
12 Apr 2021 at 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm AEST
Due to the first Melbourne Gold Medal Tour date being a sold out event, we are delighted to announce a second talk on Monday 12 April.
The ‘Architect’s Architect’ John Wardle was announced as the 2020 Australian Institute of Architects Gold Medallist.
John is an awarded designer of consummate skill, whose works, from the smallest intricate piece of joinery to complex high-rise buildings receive detailed attention and conscientious formal experiment. His works celebrate both individual craft and the broader production processes of making a building.
John has re-positioned the role of the architect as chief designer in the process of making a building. His projects and accolades are the outcome of a successful studio-based collaborative practice where design excellence takes prime position in every project.
With more than three decades of developing his skills to often address competing agendas, John has created a practice of national stature and international repute.
Doors open: 6.00pm
Lecture starts: 6.30pm
Speaker: John Wardle
To help ensure the event is a COVIDSafe evening, here is some information in advance:
• All guests will be asked to check-in via the Victorian Government QR Code Service that will be displayed at the entry point to the Venue.
• We kindly ask for your assistance in helping to maintain safe, physical distancing measures and wearing a face mask throughout the event.
• Please take advantage of the hand sanitiser stations located throughout the Venue.
• We kindly request that you do not attend the event if you are feeling unwell, have recently returned from overseas, visited a COVID-19 hotspot, been in close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19, or are awaiting the results of a COVID test.
• The density limit will be directed by the Victorian Government COVIDSafe requirements.