- This event has passed.
Equal pay – will this ever be attainable? – Member Lean In Session
25 Aug 2020 at 12:00 pm AEST
To mark Equal Pay Day on 28 August, the NSW Gender Equity Taskforce (GET) will unpack the issues surrounding equal pay with a line of diverse speakers.
Moderated by Monica Edwards of GET, join us for a lively discussion on the transparency of pay, why it matters to ask for your worth, how discrimination can come into the fold, pay across a whole lifecycle and much more.
- Dr Janin Bredehoeft – Workplace Gender Equality Agency
- Francisco Layson – Studio Director – Urban Design, SJB
- Valerie Giammarco – Manager City Design, City of Canterbury Bankstown
- Shaun Carter – Principal Architect, Carter Williamson
- Marina Carroll – Principal, Architectus
- Neph Wake – Researcher
- Monica Edwards – Senior Associate, SJB (Moderator).
The strategic objective of the Institute’s NSW Chapter Gender Equity Taskforce is to transform the current culture, participation and engagement within the architectural profession to develop greater representation and gender diversity.
The Taskforce aims to demonstrate the potential social, economic and environmental benefits of gender equity and diversity within business; target actions to progress gender equity and diversity within practice; and promote events to raise awareness of the important role diversity plays within the built environment professions.
Lean In sessions
Lean In sessions are an opportunity to bring our community together and share experiences during this challenging time.
Bring a sandwich or a cuppa and join the conversation.