- This event has passed.
29 Aug 2019 at 9:00 am - 12:30 pm AEST$40 – $140
3 FORMAL CPD POINTs
Sights set on awards victory in 2020? This September is the optimal time to start preparing entries for next year’s awards programs, when the local light is at its best for photography to showcase your projects at their very best.
AACA Competency: Design: 4.2; 4.6 Detail Design 5.1 Practice Management 9.9
Attend this timely CPD event to hear from a range of key experts about best practice approaches to:
- getting your project awards-ready
- presenting your project in the best possible light
- leveraging your award success in order to get the next job.
Communications expert Alison Carter will discuss the art of concise communication to help you prepare a strategic and sophisticated verbal presentation and find both your project’s narrative and your own authentic voice.
Award-winning architect Jon Jacka will share his experience as an entrant in the award process.
Seasoned juror and award-winning architect Georgina Wilson will provide insight into the process from the dual perspectives of entrant and juror.
Katherine Lu will discuss the art of architectural photography and give practical guidance about selecting the right photographer for your project, shaping your brief to them and preparing the project for a professional shoot.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Architects working in practices of any size who have their sights set on entering the 2020 NSW Architecture Awards.
- Alison Carter – Facilitator Coach – The Collin James Method
- Jon Jacka – Principal – Jon Jacka Architects
- Georgina Wilson – Principal – Georgina Wilson Architect
- Katherine Lu – Photographer – Katherine Lu.