Beginning Professional Development
SET YOURSELF UP FOR REGISTRATION EXAM SUCCESS OR TAKE A REFRESHER ON THE FUNDAMENTALS OF AUSTRALIAN PRACTICE WITH OUR PRACTICE OF ARCHITECTURE LEARNING SERIES.
Developed by expert members to provide emerging and established architects the tools that can help them succeed in their practices.
When you register for PALS, you can:
- Consolidate your knowledge and skills in architectural practice as a sound foundation for successful completion of the Architectural Practice Examination
- Improve your capabilities more broadly in day-to-day practice within the profession
- Get a refresher course if you are coming back to the profession or moving to Australia from another country.
- Modules 15 self-contained online modules addressing key elements of architectural practice from legal aspects, to client relationships and contracts
- Tutorials Face-to-face tutorials with practicing architects and local experts
- Acumen Practice Notes Access to the Institute’s wide online database of architectural practice advisory notes.
In Part 1, members talk about the key benefits of doing PALS, the online modules and Acumen Practice Notes, and the collegiate experience of the face-to-face tutorials when grappling with the Architectural Practice Exam together. They finish off by relating some of their most memorable moments from the course.
In Part 2, they talk about how they used PALS to prepare for the APE and all aspects of the registration process, such as the logbook. They conclude by discussing the greater value of PALS; insights for day-to-day practice, confidence for starting your own practice and a greater knowledge base.