There were a number of key highlights for Practice Services in 2004. These included:
- A rise in Advisory Notes subscriber numbers and subsequent nine per cent increase in subscription revenue.
- The writing, revision and updating of 100 notes as part of the Advisory Notes subscription service.
- Revenue approximately 19 per cent above budget estimates for sales of contracts in the ABIC suite.
- Four meetings of the national practice committee during the year to consider the status of Advisory Notes and the currency of information provided to members through RAIA publications. The committee also reviewed and made recommendations to National Council regarding a number of RAIA policies.
- The national access work group and national occupational health and safety work group, which report to the national practice committee, met via teleconference throughout the year to develop advice on changes to legislation, to assist in preparing RAIA submissions and to review and draft Advisory Notes relevant to their areas of expertise.
- A number of new Senior Counsellors were appointed in response to demand by architects and clients for information and guidance on architectural matters.
- The Free Legal Reference Service supported by Practice Services was updated to provide important advice and guidance to members on construction law issues.
Thanks go to our volunteers on the national practice committee, contracts sub-committee and work groups, who devote their time and energy to reviewing advice to members to ensure its currency and accuracy. We would also to thank other specialists who are called on from time to time for their expert opinion. And finally, thanks also to our loyal Advisory Notes subscribers.