Ogilvie High School Student Centre - Liminal Architecture (Formerly Forward Brianese and Partners)
The original Ogilvie High School was designed by Sydney Blythe (1937) giving the site heritage status. The school has expanded considerably since then, but has never developed a 'heart'. The Student Centre provides this heart, encouraging student and teacher fusion and social interaction between students, while also offering informal and formal choices for student learning. The Centre provides state-of-the-art catering and domestic kitchen teaching facilities, a teaching café, new canteen, integrated outdoor learning and social spaces. The design offers flexibility for different sized gatherings, including class assemblies, school entertainment or general learning. The terraced landscape creates an amphitheatre providing cost-effective seating for events and general student use. The self-sufficient nature of the Centre encourages after-hours community use and partnering opportunities.