ArchiTOUR: The UTS Thomas Street Building by Durbach Block Jaggers in association with BVN Architecture
Tuesday 3 March 10:30am – 12:00pm
Tour leaders: Neil Durbach
, Durbach Block Jaggers David Jaggers
, Durbach Block Jaggers
Winner of an invited design competition, the UTS Thomas Street Building houses the Faculty of Science and defines the northern edge of Alumni Green in the heart of UTS.
This in-depth tour is an opportunity to experience the project inside and out with its key protagonist prior to it's public opening.
Covering the poetic and pragmatic ideas driving the design, Neil Durbach will also delve into project procurement, the authorities process, documentation, construction, detail resolution and contract administration as well as issues that arose during construction - warts and all.
Note that the attendee info pack will include a set of drawings that help illustrate the project and its construction.
$55 member | $45 A+ member | $75 non-member | $40 graduate member | $30 SONA member | $40 student
1.5 formal CPD points
Meet: from 10:00am - 10:15am. Alumni Green, near the corner of Thomas Street and Jones Street Ultimo. This Tour is fully booked if you would like be on the waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & conditions for CPD events
- Fees – Fees must be paid in full before the event.
- Membership discounts – Institute members are entitled to the discounts shown, provided their membership number is quoted when the booking is made, and their membership subscription is active at the time of booking.
- Cancellations by Institute – The Institute reserves the right to cancel or alter the dates, speakers or venue. In the event of cancellation, bookings will be transferred to the next available event unless the registrant requests otherwise.
- Cancellations by attendee – Cancellations by the attendee must be received in writing. No refunds or cancellations are permitted within two (2) full working days prior to the event. 'No shows' will not be refunded.
- Members who register, and fail to cancel could incur a cancellation fee.
For more information go to Newcastle and Country Division events page or contact Kandis Von Holdt - Newcastle Division on: 02 4960 4200.