Welcome to the New South Wales Chapter
Welcome to the NSW Chapter of the Australian Institute of Architects. This is the entry point for the many exciting opportunities and events that the Institute offers its NSW and national members.
On this page you will find information on NSW CPD events. In the Quick links box to the right you will find links to other NSW events, as well as awards, services, resources and publications.
New South Wales CPD events
Continuing professional development (CPD) events are a core component of the NSW Chapter's continuing professional development program. The series aims to present topics that are inspiring and tangible, providing knowledge that attendees can put into practice.
CPD in NSW
In most states of Australia, including NSW, it is compulsory for registered architects to do CPD. Be aware that A+ members of the Institute are required to accrue yearly CPD points regardless of their state of registration. Download a sample CPD Record form. For more information about CPD for architects, see the NSW Architects Registration Board CPD page. INFORMATION SHEET - Continuing Professional Development.
Transitioning to BIM
A primer for architects building or looking to build capacity in Building Information Modelling
Thursday 30 June 9:00am - 12:30pm
- Michael Grave Architect | Associate, COX Architecture
- Adrian King Architect | Founder, XChange consulting
- Scott Beazley | Digital Technologies Manager, Mitchell Brandtman
- David Jaggers | Durbach Block Jaggers
Better collaboration and Integration is the dream for any practice and this is the promise of BIM (Building Information Modelling). As it takes a stronger hold the reasons to jump into the pond become more compelling. To BIM or not to BIM, that is the question.
This seminar will cover:
- What is design-led BIM?
- Digital Design & BIM in practice.
- How does an architecture practice begin, in degrees, to use BIM?
- Practical and strategic transitioning strategies.
- Implications on profitability and efficiency.
- Determining the right level of BIM for the project.
- How to assemble a consultant team with BIM capability.
- What to look for when contracting services which may include BIM delivery.
- How BIM modelling can affect workflows, cost planning and influence architectural outcomes.
- Where to go for education, training and further support.
3 formal CPD points. Units of competency: Documentation | Project Deliver.
Register online. $80 Member | $70 A+ member | $160 Non-members | $70 Graduate member | $50 SONA member
Venue: Tusculum, 3 Manning Street, Potts Point.
Terms & conditions for CPD events
- Fees – Fees must be paid in full before the event.
- Membership discounts – Institute members are entitled to the discounts shown, provided their membership number is quoted when the booking is made, and their membership subscription is active at the time of booking.
- Cancellations by Institute – The Institute reserves the right to cancel or alter the dates, speakers or venue. In the event of cancellation, bookings will be transferred to the next available event unless the registrant requests otherwise.
- Cancellations by attendee – Cancellations by the attendee must be received in writing. No refunds or cancellations are permitted within two (2) full working days prior to the event. 'No shows' will not be refunded. Note: Cancellations by Institute Members due to sickness on the day of the event will receive a full refund contingent on receipt of a medical certificate.
- 'No Shows' - Due to CPD regulations the Institute is not permitted to hand out paperwork from seminar/workshops if registrants do not attend.