Welcome to the New South Wales Chapter
Welcome to the NSW Chapter of the Australian Institute of Architects. This is the entry point for the many exciting opportunities and events that the Institute offers its NSW and national members.
On this page you will find information on NSW CPD events. In the Quick links box to the right you will find links to other NSW events, as well as awards, services, resources and publications.
New South Wales CPD events
Continuing professional development (CPD) events are a core component of the NSW Chapter's continuing professional development program. The series aims to present topics that are inspiring and tangible, providing knowledge that attendees can put into practice.
CPD in NSW
In most states of Australia, including NSW, it is compulsory for registered architects to do CPD. Be aware that A+ members of the Institute are required to accrue yearly CPD points regardless of their state of registration. Download a sample CPD Record form. For more information about CPD for architects, see the NSW Architects Registration Board CPD page. INFORMATION SHEET - Continuing Professional Development.
Architecture Awards and the Media
Getting your project awards-ready and leveraging it afterwards
Thursday 9 March 9:00am - 12:30pm Speakers:
Richard Glover Architectural photographer Chris Major Welsh + Major
. 2016 NSW Architecture Awards jury chair, Residential Architecture - Houses Helen Tribe Tribe Communications
Gathering a group of experts from the worlds of architectural photography, communication, media and architecture, this seminar will focus on the task of getting your project awards-ready, presenting it in the best possible light and then leveraging it to get the next job.
Award-winning architect and 2016 NSW residential jury chair, Chris Major
will share her experience both as juror and entrant in the awards process.
Communications expert Helen Tribe
will discuss the art of concise communication to help you prepare a strategic and sophisticated verbal presentation and find your project’s narrative and your own authentic voice.
will discuss the art of architectural photography. How do you select the right photographer for your project? How do you brief them and prepare the project for a professional shoot? How can your photographs give you a leg-up in the fickle world of the design-inclined media?
The 2017 NSW Architecture Awards are open for entries until 22 February, with entrants presenting their projects to jurors on 17-18 March. Download a copy of the entry handbook now at: http://wp.architecture.com.au/nswawards/
3 formal CPD points. Units of competency: Practice Management.
$80 Member | $70 A+ member | $160 Non-member | $70 Graduate member | $50 SONA member | $70 Non-member student
Venue: Tusculum, 3 Manning Street, Potts Point. Register online
Terms & conditions for CPD events
- Fees – Fees must be paid in full before the event.
- Membership discounts – Institute members are entitled to the discounts shown, provided their membership number is quoted when the booking is made, and their membership subscription is active at the time of booking.
- Cancellations by Institute – The Institute reserves the right to cancel or alter the dates, speakers or venue. In the event of cancellation, bookings will be transferred to the next available event unless the registrant requests otherwise.
- Cancellations by attendee – Cancellations by the attendee must be received in writing. No refunds or cancellations are permitted within two (2) full working days prior to the event. 'No shows' will not be refunded. Note: Cancellations by Institute Members due to sickness on the day of the event will receive a full refund contingent on receipt of a medical certificate.
- 'No Shows' - Due to CPD regulations the Institute is not permitted to hand out paperwork from seminar/workshops if registrants do not attend.
- Note: you must retain receipt of payment as evidence of this CPD being undertaken