Welcome to the New South Wales Chapter
Welcome to the NSW Chapter of the Australian Institute of Architects. This is the entry point for the many exciting opportunities and events that the Institute offers its NSW and national members.
On this page you will find information on NSW CPD events. In the Quick links box to the right you will find links to other NSW events, as well as awards, services, resources and publications.
New South Wales CPD events
Continuing professional development (CPD) events are a core component of the NSW Chapter's continuing professional development program. The series aims to present topics that are inspiring and tangible, providing knowledge that attendees can put into practice.
CPD in NSW
In most states of Australia, including NSW, it is compulsory for registered architects to do CPD. Be aware that A+ members of the Institute are required to accrue yearly CPD points regardless of their state of registration. Download a sample CPD Record form For more information about CPD for architects, see the Continuing professional development page on this website.
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Thursday 26 November 9:00am-10:00am
Presenter: Cem Sungar
Commercial/Specifications Manager NSW, Knauf Plasterboard
The ArchiTECH program enables industry to have face to face contact with architects and educate them on innovative design solutions utilising new products and materials, and any new regulations affecting the design process. ArchiTECH sessions are offered free to Institute members.
This seminar will explore the issue of acoustics in architecture focusing on sound absorption and sound insulation and how to design and specify with acoustics in mind.
This session will help you:
· Understand how sound is perceived and how sound waves behave
· Design and specify acoustic design requirements for different situations
· Understand where sound absorption or sound insulation is appropriate and how to achieve this through a number of case studies
· Determine appropriate construction methods for sound insulation and sound absorption
· Understand where to place acoustic absorbers, diffusers and reflectors
· How to prevents noise disturbance from outside sources
1 formal CPD point
Free for all members | $25 non-member | $15 student non-member
Venue: Tusculum, 3 Manning Street, Potts Point. THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
Event to be rescheduled for 2016. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Terms & conditions for CPD events
- Fees – Fees must be paid in full before the event.
- Membership discounts – Institute members are entitled to the discounts shown, provided their membership number is quoted when the booking is made, and their membership subscription is active at the time of booking.
- Cancellations by Institute – The Institute reserves the right to cancel or alter the dates, speakers or venue. In the event of cancellation, bookings will be transferred to the next available event unless the registrant requests otherwise.
- Cancellations by attendee – Cancellations by the attendee must be received in writing. No refunds or cancellations are permitted within two (2) full working days prior to the event. 'No shows' will not be refunded.
- 'No Shows' - Due to CPD regulations the Institute is not permitted to hand out paperwork from seminar/workshops if registrants do not attend.