Welcome to the New South Wales Chapter
Welcome to the NSW Chapter of the Australian Institute of Architects. This is the entry point for the many exciting opportunities and events that the Institute offers its NSW and national members.
On this page you will find information on NSW CPD events. In the Quick links box to the right you will find links to other NSW events, as well as awards, services, resources and publications.
New South Wales CPD events
Continuing professional development (CPD) events are a core component of the NSW Chapter's continuing professional development program. The series aims to present topics that are inspiring and tangible, providing knowledge that attendees can put into practice.
CPD in NSW
In most states of Australia, including NSW, it is compulsory for registered architects to do CPD. Be aware that A+ members of the Institute are required to accrue yearly CPD points regardless of their state of registration. Download a sample CPD Record form For more information about CPD for architects, see the Continuing professional development page on this website.
The Case for Post WWII Conservation
Thursday 6 August 9:00am -12:30pm
Presented by the NSW Chapter Heritage Committee
Presenters: Dr Cameron Logan, director of heritage conservation at the University of Sydney, Meg Quinlisk historian, Steven Barry senior heritage consultant at GML Heritage.
Chaired by: Hector Abrahams architect and Chair of the heritage committee, NSW Chapter.
Topics covered will include:
recognising the role of conservation in cities
- interviews with architects Murcutt, Gazzard, Dods, Tzannes and Gruzman about conservation of their work
- the conservation of important architectural materials
- case studies including Eero Saarinen’s Kresge Auditorium, Seidler’s Press Building and the Reynolds House by Glenn Murcutt
3 formal CPD points. Units of competency: Design, Documentation.
$70 Members | $50 A+ member | $80 Non-members | $50 graduate member | $40 SONA member | $50 student. DOCOMOMO and ICOMOS members email for member rates.
Venue: Tusculum Auditorium, 3 Manning Street, Potts Point.
Terms & conditions for CPD events
- Fees – Fees must be paid in full before the event.
- Membership discounts – Institute members are entitled to the discounts shown, provided their membership number is quoted when the booking is made, and their membership subscription is active at the time of booking.
- Cancellations by Institute – The Institute reserves the right to cancel or alter the dates, speakers or venue. In the event of cancellation, bookings will be transferred to the next available event unless the registrant requests otherwise.
- Cancellations by attendee – Cancellations by the attendee must be received in writing. No refunds or cancellations are permitted within two (2) full working days prior to the event. 'No shows' will not be refunded.
- 'No Shows' - Due to CPD regulations the Institute is not permitted to hand out paperwork from seminar/workshops if registrants do not attend.