ArchiTOUR: 50 Martin Place by Johnson Pilton Walker
Wednesday 15 April 5:00pm - 6.30pm
Tour leader: Paul van Ratingen
- Director, Johnson Pilton Walker
The conversion of the old Government Savings Bank of NSW on Martin Place by architects Johnson Pilton Walker has transformed the historic banking chamber into a cutting-edge 6-star Greenstar workplace. This tour will be an opportunity to experience the project inside and out with project architect and JPW director Paul van Ratingen.
Constructed in 1928, the inter-war Beaux Arts style building is of national significance and its refurbishment presented a unique set of heritage, structural and sustainable challenges. Covering the poetic and pragmatic ideas driving the design, Paul will delve into issues of procurement, the authorities process, documentation, construction and contract administration and discuss key environmental and heritage issues that needed to be overcome.
Note that the attendee info pack will include a set of drawings to help illustrate the project and its construction. Click here for further information
1.5 formal CPD points. $55 member | $45 A+ member | $40 graduate member | $30 SONA member | $75 non-member | $40 student.
Meet: from 8:30am for 9:00am start. Meeting point will emailed with your receipt. Register online
. Book early as numbers are strictly limited.
Terms & conditions for CPD events
- Fees – Fees must be paid in full before the event.
- Membership discounts – Institute members are entitled to the discounts shown, provided their membership number is quoted when the booking is made, and their membership subscription is active at the time of booking.
- Cancellations by Institute – The Institute reserves the right to cancel or alter the dates, speakers or venue. In the event of cancellation, bookings will be transferred to the next available event unless the registrant requests otherwise.
- Cancellations by attendee – Cancellations by the attendee must be received in writing. No refunds or cancellations are permitted within two (2) full working days prior to the event. 'No shows' will not be refunded.
- Members who register, and fail to cancel could incur a cancellation fee.
For more information go to Newcastle and Country Division events page or contact Kandis Von Holdt - Newcastle Division on: 02 4960 4200.